How to Choose the Best Photographer for your Punta Cana Wedding
Today we have the pleasure of sharing this fabulous guest blog post by the super talented Milan Photo Cine Art. A local photographer who makes dreamy photos and our personal dear friend. Take a read for some helpful advice on how to choose the best photographer for your Punta Cana wedding.
Finding the best photographer for your wedding in Punta Cana could easily be one of the most difficult decisions to make when you are planning your wedding.
What makes it difficult is the fact that you will see your photos only after the wedding. There is no bouquet or venue layout before hand to see, only photos from previous clients and their reviews.
That is why it is so important to do your homework really well, carefully researching. We decided to simplify this process as much as possible for you.
Before you start researching photographers you would like to hire for your wedding, you need to first decide what style of photography you actually like. This is extremely important as it will help you in narrowing the number of photographers to choose from. But even more importantly, it will help in avoiding disappointment latter down the line when you receive your photos.
So, our number one is:
Settle on a photography style
All of the photographers use a combination of two or more of the below mentioned styles, but it is very, VERY important to choose a photographer with the style that resonate with YOU most. Here are a couple of most recognizable styles in contemporary wedding photography:
Photojournalistic: photographers go with the flow with this style, no posing at all, and it creates a real and natural visual storyboard of the day.
Fine Art: on the contrary to common beliefs, fine art wedding photography style is not only wedding photography capture on the film instead of digital format, it so much more than that! Fine art photography goes beyond only displaying the subject. It is an artistic perspective of a wedding, different angles, unusual framing etc.
A perfect photographer will know how to work with all of the above-mentioned styles! He will give you powerful imagery that includes the best of all worlds – the best of all photography styles.
As with everything in life, you get what you pay for. There will be a difference in dedication, skill and talent between photographers that you consider to hire. When researching a wedding photographer, be sure to read all of the information about their pricing and packages carefully. When you are comparing value for money of your investment i.e. what is included in your chosen package, take into consideration a couple of important factors:
– Time of coverage, the longer the time you’d like your photographer to cover your event, the more expensive it will be.
– Number of images delivered, some photographers are more relaxed photographing than others. You have to take that “number” into the equation.
– Prints, some photographers include photo prints and/or albums. You can choose whether you’d like to design and purchase your album through your photographer, or do it through a service of your choice.
– Travel, does your photographer have to travel a long distance to your event (which than includes additional travel fees)?
– Print release, it’s pretty usual that wedding photography packages include a “print release” which means that you can print the photos for your own personal use. However, be aware that there are photographers who charge additionally for digital file rights.
– Additional shoots, for example additional Trash the Dress or engagement photoshoot, couple of days after the actual wedding or additional photo or video shooters, are important factors if you have many guests attending your wedding.
Take away note
How to find a perfect match?
First, get to know the person behind the lens.
Look at his web page, social media… Once you’ve narrowed down your search, start talking! Ask all the questions you have and the photographers will be happy to help.
Second, consider personality. You’ll have a lot of fun consulting recommendations and reviews to hear the opinion of other couples! Making a decision may seem difficult among a sea of five-star reviews, but take time to read each one! This way you’ll get a feeling about the type of person they are.
Finally, select a photographer with your heart and overall experience up to that moment. Your wedding photographer should put you at ease, should be relaxed and give you confidence. As with any service, sometimes you find someone who simply blows you away with who they are, how they work but also how they deal with you!